Tuesday, February 26, 2008

North Beach Blue


A foggy day in the shipyard my friend.

This cat was strolling down the beat up old back streets in North Beach.  The hat caught my eye as he turned the corner and disappeared into the saloon, one of the oldest bars in San Francisco.  You can go in there any day and sit and drink with all the old ghosts, Kerouac frequents there and one fine sunny afternoon sat down and shared a few with me and a beautiful black haired beauty.  

I followed Blue Hat into the saloon and soon found myself engaged and laughing and good cold beer, having a good old time listening to a three piece blues band and chatting it up with this fantastically entertaining gent in the blue hat.  We shared stories of bar room 'capades, loosing the best women and dealing dirty spades.

He graciously let me wear his hat while I painted the day away in oil on a 12x19 smooth wood panel.

No comments: