Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Savannah Jackson



Cool Tuesday in the hot sun hello.

I had to sneak around the early morning train station digs to check out this cat stealing tags, all I knew is the tricks I carried in my little bag and knew this too be true......

I live uptown, I live downtown, I live all around.  I had money, I had none, I had money, I had none, But I never been so broke that I couldn't leave town.  I'm a changeling, see me change, I'm a changeling, see me change, I'm the air you breathe, the food you eat, friends you greet, In the swarming street. See me change, see me change.  I live uptown, I live downtown, I live all around. I had money, yeah, I had none, I had money, yeah, I had none, But I never been so broke that I couldn't leave town.  Well, I'm the air you breath, the food you eat, friends you great, on the swarming street. You gotta see me change, see me change.  Yeah, I'm leaving town, on a midnight train, gonna see me change.  Change, change, change, change, change, change, change, change, change, Whoa, change, change, change.

And the doors swung open and the box car lurched, me and sly Savannah Jackson rushed off to church.  We met Jesus and Moses, and beautiful Eve and wore our hearts on our fancy sleeve.

I worked that day on this piece and finished it today.  It is oil on masonite and measures 16x24 inches.  It now resides in the private collection of Miss D.A. Vergara.