Monday, February 25, 2008

Jirafa y Yo



Buenos dias!

I finished her this morning, shall I say us.  We have had small storms here in tiny martinez and this morning in particular is beautiful in it's essence of mist and grey...perfect weather to  photograph paintings outside.  The lighting is generously supplied by the gods.  

Speaking of gods, I took this piece to my "hands on art history" class and used it as an example of mosaics.  As usual I waited for the inspirational last moment idea of what to do for the day.  The class is 16 home-schoolers between the ages of six and 10.  We are studying Ancient art history so I told them that the woman standing on the back of the giraffe is the great goddess Athena, goddess of wisdom, skills and warfare...exhausted, she has just returned from battle.

No comments: